Mohawk Lanes and Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers
THE FORTY FRAME SINGLES TOURNEY
Due to overwhelming response (THANK YOU) anyone that wishes to participate in our June tournament will need to make reservations!
Reservations will be taken beginning May 22. Please call Mohawk at (724) 463-7443. Our goal is 96 entries. If cancelling, we need to know IN ADVANCE!
DATES FOR 2017
MAY 12th, JUNE 9th, JULY 14TH & AUGUST 11th 2017
********TOURNEY STARTS @ 7:00PM ********
$30.00 ENTRY FEE
RESERVATION SUGGESTED----LIMITED TO 96 BOWLERS
$250.00 Guaranteed 1st place
The forty frame game is one game forty frames long!! While normal scorekeeping and handicapping procedures apply, there are also opportunities in each frame for bonus points, free strikes, and second-chance strikes. and, to add to the excitement, "sour grapes" frames present a special challenge: non-strike first ball cause a loss of pins!!
The forty frame game format also offers opportunities for cash, including 10 chances right on the spot. At the same time, the growing"big whammy" pot is constantly adding to the suspense and competition: a bowler or team finishing with the last six strikes in a row breaks the pot at current posted value
Rules and Format
1. Handicap based on 90 % of 220
2. Use highest 2015- 2016 average unless this year's (2015-2016) average is 10 pins or higher. If no average from previous season bowler may use highest current season's average, 21 games or more.
3. Once forty frames are completed the scores, plus handicap, are added together to determine the winners. Prize money will be paid out each week
$6.00 out of each entry fee will go for "payday" to be paid out each night.
5. Reservations are suggested, but not required.
6. Prizes will be paid out in a 1 in 5 ratio each of the 4 nights.
7. Throw the last 6 strikes (the BIG and break the SUPER POT. The BIG VVHAMMY will start at $50. $1.00 from every entry will go into the WHAMMY BANK. If, no one breaks the bank the SUPER POT will continue to grow.